Thursday, June 20, 2002

Just A Random Thought... Ok. Maybe Not So Random I really hate the silent treatment. It's when a person has beef with me or something is on their mind and in order to get back at me (i guess) is to just shut up and ignore me. Oh man... maybe that's what I hate. I hate being ignored. Man... really, though. I would rather have a big pissed-off-yelling-from-your-lungs stand off than have someone ignore me. I mean, it's not just a matter of ignoring me too. It's all about you trying to find out if there's anything wrong and they pretend there's nothing bothering them. It's all about assuring them that they can talk to you and that the problem can be resolved between the two of you but instead you get "There's nothing bothering me, so there's nothing to talk about." You would actually believe them too but their tone of voice throws off their whole statement. So you kinda just sit there... hoping that they would say something to you when no one else is around but instead... they give you the damn silent treatment. Then you start getting mad because you don't know what the heck their pissed off about or what the heck is bothering them. So you run all these things in your mind. I mean, how could you possibly know? You're not a mind reader. I mean, they don't even say, "hey, I don't want to talk about anything right now because I'm thinking things through" or "I'm just clearing my head, can we talk about this later?" Nooooo... They don't fuckin' say anything because nothing is fuckin' bothering them. Fuck the silent treatment. I don't freakin' get it. Maybe it's just me. Maybe I make a big deal out of everything. I mean I usually do... I like to make things bigger than they really are. Maybe I should stop caring but that's hard because I do care. I really think that with any realtionship, whether it's your significant other, your friends, your family, or your co-workers, you would need open communication because little fights add up to becoming big fights if their not resolved. Especially with the fights that you don't even know what it's about.

I really hope things work out because I can't just pretend that everything will be ok. It really eats me up inside that things are not resolved. I guess we'll just see how everything goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home